I finally went on a date! Halleluja! It’s about time. So even though I’ve been on plenty of 1st dates in my lifetime, I still get the nervous jitters.
These were some of my thoughts as I headed out to meet my date:
- I’m wearing a dress for the first time this summer and my legs look: A. Pale B. Bruised C. Dry D. All of the above. Ding ding! The answer is D. All of the above. You win a pair of jeans! Why didn’t I wear jeans?
- Why am I meeting him in his neighborhood? He could have offered to meet me near where I work. Sure, his neighborhood might be on my way home, but that’s not the point.
- He probably just wants to get laid hence why we’re meeting at a spot easily accessible to his apartment.
- I’m sweaty. It’s a good thing I’m not wearing long jeans. I wonder if I smell? I need a good perfume, but not too perfumey.
- Why am I on my period!? Once upon a time, when I carried a reasonably sized purse I didn’t mind casually bringing my purse to the bathroom when I excused myself. However, each year that I’ve lived in nyc my purse has gotten more ginormous! I’m going on 12 years! So now when I have to excuse myself to the restroom, I’m practically wheeling a rolling suitcase to the bathroom. There’s nothing subtle about it.
- The guy is probably mentally freaking out wondering what I’m going to be doing in the bathroom and I’m all- “No worries here! Nothing to see. I’m just gonna roll my suitcase to the loo, maybe wash and dry my hair under the hand dryer, shave down under if ya know what I mean cuz you’re kinda cute! Be back in a jiffy!”
- Well, at least bringing my purse to the restroom is the universal sign to guys that, “you’re not getting laid tonight.”
We just had two drinks, spent 2 hours together, decent conversation, nice guy, but I don’t know…all I know is that with my good dates, drinks lead to food, which leads to more drinks, more conversation, and maybe a kiss goodnight. There’s also usually a “text me when you get home” closer. Oh well, it was a nice enough evening. It was good to get out there again and flex my dating muscles.